Many parents will pay great attention to their children's diet, care about whether the child is eating healthy, and whether the nutrition is comprehensive. In addition to eating, do the clothes that children wear on weekdays attract the attention of parents? Do you have your own selection criteria when choosingkids clothes for your children? Today I will talk about how to choose children's clothing.
What are the harmful substances in children's clothes?
In the relevant department's test results on kids clothing, we found that there are always many clothes that detect at least one or more harmful chemicals. So what are these harmful substances?
Nonylphenol polyoxyethylene ether. Once this substance is released into the environment, it can be harmful. It degrades and becomes nonylphenol, disturbing human hormones.
Phthalates. The substance itself is used to soften plastics and enhance the durability of perfumes. In addition, it is also used on plastic prints of children's clothes, which may cause hormonal confusion in children. Some even affect the development of reproductive organs.
Perfluorinated compounds. This substance is generally used in the production of non-stick pans. It is often used in the textile industry because it is waterproof and oil-resistant, and is generally used in kidsswimwearand rain boots. In addition to disturbing endocrine, this substance can affect fertility and the immune system, and is a potential carcinogen.
Organic tin. Generally used as a fungicide for shoes, socks, sportswear, etc. This substance can affect development, nervous and immune systems.
Antimony. It is most toxic when it comes in the form of trivalent antimony, which can stimulate the skin and respiratory tract and interfere with the immune system.
Fluorescent agent. It can be seen by the naked eye, it is very white and has a whitening effect, but its toxicity is relatively weak.
How to choose children's clothes?
Seeing the harmful substances that children's clothing may contain, I really don't know how to choose kids clothing to be safer?
(1) Choose clothes made of natural fibers. Do not choose synthetic fibers. For example, polypropylene, acrylic, vinylon, cotton, and polyester are all synthetic fibers.
(2) When buying organic cotton kids clothes, it is better not to add dyes.
(3) Choose kids clothes which dyed with natural dyes.
(4) Do not buy children clothes with a pungent smell.
(5) When you buy new children clothes, you must wash them, and then wear them to wash off some harmful substances.
(6) Don't buykids clothes that are too cheap. After all, you get a price and a price, and the quality of clothes that are too cheap is definitely not enough.